Welcome to our July 2023 Release Note. We’re excited to announce exciting product news!
Here are some of the key highlights:
- Major improvements on Databox are now live
- Significant re-architecture/ code changes were made on the Custom Role Mapping functionality in Diligence, making it more solid, fast and reliable
- Our engineers are working on further re-enhancing the Custom Role Mapping functionality by adding ‘Save’ Feature and ‘Upload from CSV/ Excel’ Feature
- We’ve launched a new Retail industry Diligence template
Stay tuned for more updates, and feel free to reach out to us at Aura@Bain.com if you have any questions, feedback or simply getting access.
Table of Contents
- New Products and Features
- Enhancements of the Custom Role Mapping functionality
- ‘Upload from CSV/ Excel’ Feature
- ‘Save’ Feature
- Retail industry template available on Aura Diligence Module
- Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Major improvements on Databox are now live
- Improvements on Custom Role Mapping functionality
- Upcoming updates/ features
- July data refresh in progress
- Refined SG&A roles template soon available on Diligence
💥 New Products and Features
Enhancements of the Custom Role Mapping functionality
- Custom Role Mapping is a key functionality of the Aura platform, allowing users to customize roles based on their specific use case
- This month, we are excited to launch the ‘Save’ Feature and the ‘Upload from CSV/ Excel’ Feature in the Custom Role Mapping functionality
- These two feature allow users to further streamline the Custom Role Mapping process
- ‘Upload from CSV/ Excel’ Feature allows users to perform custom role mapping on Excel and upload the file onto Aura. This significantly speeds up and simplify the role mapping process
- ‘Save’ Feature automatically saves custom role mapping progress in the background, allowing for easy reverting if needed
For more details, please reach out to us at Aura@Bain.com
Retail industry template available on Aura Diligence Module
- We’re excited to announce that the Retail industry template is now live on Aura
- Our Product team has worked together with Bain & Company’s experts in defining Retail-specific roles, subroles and detailed subroles taxonomy, including:
Restaurant And Store Operations
- and more!
- Users can now extract contextualized workforce and talent insights for Retail companies
🛠 Improvements and Bug Fixes
Major improvements on Databox are now live
- In recent weeks, our engineers have made significant improvements to Databox, with more flexible search filters and improved reliability of the exported CSV
- This release includes the following changes:
- Added ability to query for ‘raw job company’ name in
Past companiesquery fields.
- The raw company name (
job_[n]_company_raw) is the original name scraped from LinkedIn, which includes extra details such as legal structures (i.e. Inc., LLC, Ltd.) or other appendices.
- The company name (
job_[n]_company) is simplified and more standardized version for easier identification and searchability.
- Added previously non-exposed ‘raw job company’ name on the Exported CSV
- Designed a more flexible
Tenurequery field. Users can now apply tenure for "less than" a certain year threshold or for a specific period, such as "2 to 5 years.”
- Enhanced results on
- Increased data coverage and number of relevant matching profiles
What’s the difference between company name and raw company name?
Our data vendors may have used fuzzy matching techniques to match the two types of names. However, it's important to be aware that this may sometimes lead to inaccurate results.
Be sure to filter out any irrelevant profiles for accuracy.
To filter out these irrelevant profiles, use the raw company name as a filter, and only keep the ones that fit your criteria.
Improvements on Custom Role Mapping functionality
- With this release, our engineers have performed extensive code changes and re-architecture of the Custom Role Mapping functionality. Issues raised by users, such as count duplication and misapplied roles, have been resolved.
- Some highlights include:
- Custom role mapping on Diligence projects can be now done simultaneously by multiple users
- Speed up the role mapping updates, by reducing the n. of background ETLs
- Users have to “Submit updates” to trigger the role mapping updates
- If users have assigned roles and missed to click “Submit updates” (and is navigating away from the page or closing browser tab), they will be notified with a browser popup
- Other major and minor bug fixes
🗃 Upcoming features
July data refresh in progress
- We're happy to inform you that our engineers are currently working on updating the Aura platform with the July data delivery
- The most up-to-date information and insights will be live in the next weeks
Refined SG&A roles template soon available on Diligence
- In cooperation with Bain & Company’s experts, our product team is defining a detailed taxonomy for SG&A roles. Stay tuned for more soon
If you have any feedback or suggestions for features, please reach out to us at Aura@Bain.com
We would love to hear from you!